The Macmillan Specialist Palliative Care Team is available to patients/carers and professionals across all care settings throughout North East Lincolnshire. We are a multi-professional team made up of specialist nurses; specialist social worker; GPs and welfare benefits advisor.
Our aim is to work in partnership with the multi-professional health and social care teams for patients with identified complex and/or specialist palliative care need. This will include:
• Assessing, implementing and monitoring strategies to relieve distressing symptoms
• Providing psychological, spiritual and social care in confidence, to both patients and carers
• Enabling patients and carers to make informed choices by providing information relating to diagnosis, investigative procedures and treatment
• Providing bereavement support to families/carers already known to the Macmillan Specialist Palliative Care Team
• We also provide a telephone advice service to professionals during our hours of work
The team also provides education and training for the multi professional team including palliative care for registered nurses; palliative care for HCA’s; breaking bad news; pain management; communication skills and syringe pumps. Course dates are available via tel:250623. The team is also happy to receive specific training requests from individual teams.
The service is available between the hours of 8.30am - 5pm - 7 Day Service
Contact Details: Tel: 01472 250623
Referrals should be made using a referral form whenever possible please.
The Team comprises of :